As companies grow and bring in more employees, they have an increasingly challenging time onboarding employees and managing payroll.
However, advancements in technology have caused the introduction and implementation of online payroll services.
How do you recruit employees?
You can try several ways such as posting on your careers portal, asking your current employers for referrals, working with recruiting agencies. If you are located in the bay, you can try a San Francisco staffing agency.
What is Employee Onboarding?
The term ‘Employee onboarding’ describes the period from an offer release to the time an employee officially becomes a part of the company.
However, this term does take on different meanings in different organizations. In some cases, it is used to describe the process of handling new hire paperwork.
Related: here’s how I grew my business into $110k/mo.
Effective Onboarding of Employees
Here are a few steps you can follow to ensure the effective onboarding of employees:
- Start with a background check. This should be the first step. You need to ensure the complete safety of your clients and employees.
- Put the new hire’s schedule in place and review this along with the job basics with the new hire. You will have to contact the employee and get them up to speed with their first week’s tasks.
- Next, make sure your new employee understands the job description and the responsibilities that the job entails. You will have to ensure the new hire receives an email that clearly outlines the duties, obligations, and everything else that the job is about. At this stage, you may have to clear up a few doubts or queries that the new hire may have.
- Before the commencement of the first day, you will have to fill in all the hire forms and make sure they are ready.
- Another thing you can do is give the employee a tour of the office and an orientation so that they get a feel of the organization and what it is about. A team introduction can be helpful, as well.
- Finally, spruce up the work environment in advance so that you can save time and get the employee started with the first week’s tasks on time without unnecessary hassle. This can mean getting the equipment running or cleaning up the office.
The steps mentioned above are found on just about every onboarding checklist. If you find yourself still unsure, consider looking up an onboarding checklist template and get started.
The Importance of Online Payroll Services
Online payroll services enable you to compute your employees’ wages and compensate them through direct deposit and a whole other bunch of options. These services can allow you to automate the process of employee compensation, keeping in mind the type of employees you are dealing with. Your employees may be salaried, contingent, or hourly.
Online payroll services are proving to be an integral part of an effective Human Capital Management (HCM) strategy. Payroll services help quicken and simplify the payroll process, while at the same time, minimize the number of errors made.
✋ Stop worrying about SEO and have me do it for you
PS: Ready to work with the 0.01% of all SEOs worldwide? Click here.
What are the Primary functions of an Online Payroll Service?
Before you invest in an online payroll service, you need to know its primary functions. Here they are:
Effective Payroll Management
An online payroll service consolidates parameters and aspects related to employee wages such as benefits, salary grade, leaves, attendance, policies, and more, and calculates the employees’ wages accordingly.
You will have to manually set up the software with your preferred settings and rules. However, you can expect the payroll software to automate the payroll process after that. Additionally, you may make specific customizations.
Deductions and Income Tax
Online payroll services can be used to process pre-tax deductions and post-tax deductions. Complying with the state and federal taxes and meeting the social security requirements should be a breeze.
Management of Expenses
Online payroll services and handle your expenses, deductions, loans, and various other employee costs efficiently. Some online services feature an in-built loan ledger that takes care of all the employee’s approved loans.
What are the benefits of Online Payroll Services?
There are a variety of reasons why you ought to get an online payroll service. Here are a few main reasons:
It ensures accurate employee payment
Making even an unintentional mistake in the paycheck can potentially cause problems and mistrust. Firstly, you will end up wasting time in your attempt to rectify it.
Also, an error in the paycheck can cause your employees to lose trust in you and become a little skeptical. Unlike back in the day, you no longer have to depend on a paper-based system to handle payroll.
Instead, you can use an online payroll service and make your life significantly easier.
Allows you to Access Employee Data Easily
Online payroll services ensure employment data such as timesheets, leaves, contracts, performance records, and so on are centralized. If you are an authorized user, gaining access to employee-related data from different devices and platforms should not be a problem.
Simplifies the payment of taxes
Online payroll services exhibit useful features like built-in location-based tax reporting and calculations. They make for an excellent system that facilitates tax regulation presetting. These software do well to streamline the process of calculating the taxes you owe.
In conclusion, using an onboarding checklist template to ensure effective employee onboarding and online payroll services to simplify payroll management are two vital things to keep in mind if you want your organization to grow effectively. This should serve as a roadmap to get you started.