You have a problem with your Instagram account and you are seeking support.
Here are ways to contact IG in February 2024 and get your account issues solved.
Please note that given the high volume of Instagram users, it is highly unlikely you will get a response back, unless it’s a security breach or a known exploit.
If you want to increase your odds of receiving a response back from 0% to 0.001% then continue reading.
How To Contact Instagram Support Fast
To submit a support ticket on Instagram follow these steps:
- Go to help.instagram.com
- On the left-hand side, click Privacy and Safety Center
- Click Report Something
- Select the type of issue you’re experiencing
- Look for a link that says report it
- Fill out the form and hit send
You can also do this (although with fewer options) directly on the Instagram mobile app. The steps there are:
- Go to your Profile
- Hit Settings at the top right
- Scroll down to Support > Report a Problem
- Follow the instructions there
Why aren’t you receiving a response back from Instagram?
The answer is twofold: for starters, your issue is most likely not that high of a priority for Instagram.
Second, they have 1 billion users (as of June 2018) they probably get an absurd amount of support tickets which are too much to handle (even for a company the size of Facebook).
Instagram is known for their beautiful pictures, not their customer service, unfortunately.
Where to find quick help for your Instagram problems
A good place to go is the Help Portal at help.instagram.com. You can type your question at the top and see if there’s an answer that satisfies you.
What types of problems can you report to Instagram?
Here’s a list of all the issues you can request support for:
✋ Stop worrying about SEO and have me do it for you
PS: Ready to work with the 0.01% of all SEOs worldwide? Click here.
- Hacked Accounts – Select this option if you believe that your account has been hacked.
- Impersonation Accounts – Select this option if you have evidence of an account impersonating you.
- Underage Children – Click this option if you think you’ve found an account belonging to someone under the age of 13.
- Hate Accounts – Click this option to report a hate-speech account.
- Exposed Private Information – Select this option if you encounter someone posting a user’s private information (e.g., home address).
- Self-Injury – Click this option to report posts in which another user is clearly harming themselves.
- Abuse & Spam – Click this option to report abuse, spam, or harassment.
- Exploitation – Select this option to view resources regarding reporting human trafficking.
- Other – If you don’t see your reason for wanting to contact Instagram, click this option.
Contact Instagram via your Facebook Ads Account Manager
If you are spending some serious money on FB/IG ads, you will be assigned a FB Ad Account Manager. You can try submitting your question/concern through them.
Since it’s in Facebook’s best interest to keep you happy (so you spend more), they will probably get back to you quickly.
Previous ways to contact Instagram
There used to be an email for Instagram support: email@example.com, but it’s no longer been supported.
If you try to email them you will get:
You’ve reached us at a channel that we no longer support. Please visit the Help Center to find answers to many frequently asked questions and up-to-date forms you can use to contact us: http://help.instagram.com/
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Instagram Team
What is Instagram customer support number ?
It’s 650-543-4800. (Note: automated response, no humans)
How do you get verified on Instagram?
You can apply for Instagram verification inside the app! For more instructions read this article.
How long does it take to hear back from Instagram support?
About one week.
How to report a bug/technical issue to Instagram?
You can do it through the mobile app.
- Go to your profile and tap Settings.
- Tap Help > Report a Problem, then follow the on-screen instructions
Make sure to include as much detail about the problem as possible in your report. Information like the kind of phone or tablet you were using, the device OS version, and what you were doing when the problem occurred can help IG better understand the bug.
Now it’s your turn!
Did you contact IG support? Comment below and tell us how it went. Some readers like posting their issue, sometimes another reader might know the answer or benefit from your insight.
Btw, I don’t work for/at Instagram, so you should not contact me with your account issues. I won’t be able to help you.
If you liked this article, check out: