When selecting BPM software, key factors include workflow automation, process modeling, collaboration features, and integration capabilities. By carefully evaluating your organization’s needs and assessing the available options, you’ll discover the right BPM software that aligns with your specific requirements.
Invest in a robust BPM software solution to optimize your business processes, eliminate bottlenecks, and drive success in today’s competitive landscape.
Creating a million-dollar eCommerce business and maintaining its leanness are in constant conflict.
And in today’s fast-paced and competitive business landscape, leaders see increasing importance for companies to streamline their operations. But how can a business maintain effectiveness while implementing new strategies and hiring personnel?
That’s where Business Process Management Software (BPMS) comes into play. BPMS provides a comprehensive solution for optimizing business processes, automating tasks, and fostering collaboration among teams.
If you think improving your business processes would be a good idea, I’ll provide all the information required to select the best Business Process Management Software. I’ll also explore some of the top BPM software options available, highlighting their key features and benefits.
What Is A Business Process Management Software?
Business Process Management Software assists in defining, automating, and generating reports on processes aimed at enhancing businesses’ ability to achieve company objectives. These software tools are designed to optimize and improve the efficiency of day-to-day operations and workflows within organizations.
BPMS enables the clear definition of processes encompassing all areas of a company’s operations while providing ongoing monitoring capabilities. Moreover, these tools can automate processes, further enhancing their effectiveness.
Types of Business Process Management Software
Before I dive into the top Business Process Management Software, let’s first go through the different types of BMPS:
When a document is at the center of the process, the BMPS is document-centric. Document-centric BMPS includes functions like formatting, verification, project management, document management, and obtaining document signatures.
Human-centric BPMS is utilized for processes that are carried out by people and typically need staff approvals. Simple tracking and notifications in an understandable interface that’s part of this kind of BPMS.
If you use CRM and ERP systems, using integration-centric BPMS is essential. Since these systems can access APIs to speed up operations, integration-centric BPMS is typically employed to lessen human involvement.
Criteria for the Best Business Process Management Software
Here are the most crucial factors to check when selecting your BPMS tool include the following:
- Easy to customize – an effective BPMS should be highly customizable so that you can simply modify it to meet your changing company demands.
- Numerous integrations – your BPMS must be integrated with every piece of current business software. Choose one that provides a variety of integrations.
- Simple to use – you don’t want to have to depend on your IT staff all the time for updates and the development of new workflows. Look for software that doesn’t require coding skills, has drag-and-drop functionality, and offers various templates.
- Tools for reporting – your BPMS should have effective reporting capabilities to gauge how productive your process management is.
- Collaboration – a BPMS should provide desktop, iOS, and Android interconnectivity choices for simple collaboration.
- Back-end support – when purchasing a BPMS, ensure it comes with assistance from its developers so you can address any difficulties immediately.
Top Business Process Management Software in 2023
Here are the five best Business Process Management Software. I detail each software’s features so you can compare each one:
Monday.com is one of the productivity tools out there that walks the walk. It is one of the greatest business process management software options available, with a ton of features.
These features include resource and project management, time tracking, communication tools, and reporting. And each feature can help your company processes reach new heights.
For example, with the help of its excellent reporting dashboard, you and your team may collect information from other boards and monitor one another’s advancement. You can also use the Person, Date, Status, or Timeline filters to display their data on boards.
This way, you can track who is responsible for what on the project. Plus, you can determine whether somebody is working too much so you may equalize the burden.
✋ Stop worrying about SEO and have me do it for you
PS: Ready to work with the 0.01% of all SEOs worldwide? Click here.
Additionally, team members communicate exclusively via the boards.
- Highly customizable
- Great for branding
- Drag & Drop Interface
- Has Dropbox, Google Drive, and Pipedrive integrations
- Easy data export and import
- Fast file sharing
- Notifications and email updates
2. Zoho Creator
Next on the list is the Zoho Creator, which gives you great of flexibility when mapping and automating your business processes. Although it won’t be as simple right away, you can customize this BPMS to your exact needs.
It’s a platform for creating low-code applications that may be used to create several flexible business process workflows. Thanks to the templates and drag-and-drop platform in Zoho Creator, anyone will start to think they are a developer after a few weeks of use.
Zoho Creator is something to consider if you’re concerned about the restrictions on automation or customization that simpler BPMS have. Although the UI isn’t eye-catching, it’s simple to use, and you can build complex programs to automate your business processes.
- Has tons of ready-to-use apps
- Has a developer sandbox
- Superb audit trail
- Schema builder
3. Process Street
For smaller companies, Process Street is a good business process management software. With Process Street, you can easily construct automated workflows, recurring tasks, and checklists using a drag-and-drop interface.
You can delegate work assignments, track project progress, and even employee training. The BPMS supports Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone platforms and offers cloud-based deployment.
Although it can be used to design more complex workflows, Process Street enables the execution of workflows that involve collaboration. Plus, it has a quicker generation of process documents using drag and drop and intuitive keyboard shortcuts.
- Has more than 3,000 integrations
- Great email and chat support
- Code-free interface
- Has various templates you can use
Kissflow is an excellent choice for human resources process management. The BPMS can do timesheet management, employee onboarding, invoice approval workflow, and vacation request approvals, making it.
Additionally, it enables you to speed up the payment process with tools like purchase order administration, workflow processes for purchase requisitions, and payment process approvals.
What’s also great about Kissflow is that businesses can create a new system and, if necessary, a new application. And if they want to take it up a notch, Kissflow’s premium subscriptions offer features like workflow management and process management.
- Real-time monitoring and process tracking
- Advanced Reporting
- Supports Zapier for SaaS integration
- Code-free workflows
- Dynamic routing
Due to its friendly and simple interface, Pipefy is gaining a lot of traction in the world of BPMS. Pipefy will fit like a puzzle for businesses already managing processes inside a Kanban framework.
Although it has the strength of business process management software, this platform has the look, feel, and flexibility of an agile project management tool. That’s why many large corporations, including Volvo and Warner Brothers, rely on the highly adaptable low-code platform.
Piepfy has a strong form builder and focuses on request management and approval flows. Although it offers a free tier with fewer functionality, accessing the more sophisticated features can be pricey.
- Kanban view function
- Great dashboards for reports
- Self-service forms and portals
Why Use Business Process Management Software?
There are many key advantages of utilizing BPMS. For me, it’s the ability to take a comprehensive view of the entire organization and make them applicable to any department that sets BMPS apart.
Additionally, BPMS often incorporates case management features, leading to frequent integration with CRM software. Other benefits of business process management software are:
- Efficiency – using business process management software, everyone in the team can rapidly verify specific information without having to search for it or cause a distraction.
- Alignment – it’s much simpler to keep all team members focused on the same objectives and the same path if everyone has easy access to all of the information.
- Scalability – you can speed up the onboarding process, clearly define roles and duties, and view all risks and possibilities using only one software.
- Free of errors — once you import the data into the BPMS, it will all be safe and available to everyone on your team. This will assist you in preventing mistakes while moving data between platforms.
- Foster collaboration – collaboration functions in BPMS, like messaging, file sharing, and notification systems, guarantee that everyone is aware of the situation at all times.
- Heighten productivity – you can optimize profits and rapidly spot endpoints that require improvement. Bottlenecks can be removed, duplicate processes can be stopped, and performance-enhancing changes may be made.
Implementing a BPMS in Your Business
Realizing that you must streamline your business operations is just a stepping stone. But carrying it through can be challenging.
Here are some actions I highly recommend you do when implementing business process management software in your company:
- Look at the bigger picture – you need to step back and check your business and processes as a whole. You must figure out how to organize things into repeatable, optimized processes.
- Flexibility is the key – don’t impose rigid guidelines on others or demand that they conduct business in your exact manner. Your company may become overly rigid and unable to adapt to changes if your processes are too rigid.
- Empower – processes must be viewed as a tool to empower your team. It’s critical that everyone understands the processes from the beginning and how they will work together.
Automate Your Processes with BPMPs
Selecting the right business process management software can have a profound impact on setting up your eCommerce store. The right BPM software can help you automate repetitive tasks, eliminate bottlenecks, and streamline your operations to ensure optimal performance.
Throughout this article, I have explored some of the best BPM software options, each with unique features and benefits. Whether you prioritize workflow automation, process modeling, collaboration, or integration capabilities, BPM software can meet your specific requirements.
Before making your choice, don’t forget to thoroughly review your company’s requirements, weigh the available solutions, and consider elements like scalability, usability, and customer support. By making the appropriate BPM software investment, you can quickly improve your company processes and increase efficiency.
Here’s to a future of streamlined workflows and increased productivity!
Did I miss any amazing Business Process Management Software? Comment below and tell me what you think about them.
And if you’re curious to learn more about other business productivity topics, check out these articles: