Digital marketers and social media marketers can all agree that producing content regularly can be a quite exhausting task, especially in a time where we have information overload.
The world of digital marketing is constantly changing and evolving, and staying in touch with that is of great importance for running a successful business.
That is why I like to keep up with what’s new and valuable out there when it comes to tools helping with automating content promotion and research.
One of the most talked-about tools in that area is Quuu, which is why I decided to review it and share my two cents on it.
In this article, you can read all about Quu- what is it, how does it work, what are the benefits, and the same about Quuu Promote.
What is Quuu?
Starting with the basics, Quuu is a content curation service that makes scheduling and planning of social media campaigns easier for businesses.
Now, you may wonder what is content curation?
In simple terms, content curation means providing value and consistency to your viewers by sharing the right type of content.
It can make your business’ social media stand out from all the other social media profiles in your industry.
Doing content curation the right way can be too time-consuming for businesses which is why tools like Quuu are here to help out.
Quuu is a tool that curates content in more than 500 different interest categories, which gives businesses relevant post ideas at all times.
The best thing about Quuu, is that all of the content is hand-reviewed by their team for real!
This means you will end up with high-quality, relevant content that will make a difference to your business.
How to get started with Quuu?
According to Quuu’s website, getting started with the tools is pretty easy and straightforward.
It takes four steps to start the process and those are:
- Connecting to your favorite social tool: currently, the only places that you can connect to Quuu from are Buffer or HubSpot. The Quuu team is working on allowing more integrations in the near future. If you are using a different tool, they would appreciate your feedback for future decision-making.
- Select your interests: the second step includes selecting interests from more than 500 categories on which you can receive content. Choose the categories according to which topics are important for your business and your target audience.
- Choose the number of suggestions: you can choose several suggestions that you like to be sent to your social profiles every day using Buffer or HubSpot accounts.
- Choose the best option: you can either choose automatic and let Quuu take care of everything, or you can manually approve suggestions from the dashboard that you agree with.
When it comes to pricing, Quuu offers three different plans that you can choose from depending on what your budget and goals are.
The first one is the Free Plan which will cost you nothing. With this plan, you will get the following in return:
- Up to 6 new content suggestions per day per profile
- Sending the content to only 1 social media profile
- 1 Pod included
- RSS feeds
If you feel like you would need a bit more than this, the second plan is the Pro Plan and it’s the most popular one they have.
The price of this plan is $8.33/month paid annually, or if you pay month after month it’s $19 per month.
With the Pro Plan you get the following:
- Up to 6 new content suggestions per day per profile
- Sending the content to 10 social media profiles
- Up to 3 Pods included
- RSS Feed Seeds
The third option and the most expensive one is the Business Plan. The price for this plan is $40.83 per month paid annually, or if you’re paying month by month it’s $50 per month.
Of course, it has the biggest amount of advantages, and those are:
- Up to 6 new content suggestions per day per profile
- Up to 10 team members
- Sending content to 100 social media profiles
- Unlimited Pods
- RSS feeds and teams
What is Quuu Promote?
As I told you previously, Quuu is a content curation service. Businesses are in need of quality content, and on the other side, the creators of that content always need promotion of their content.
Quuu Promote basically goes to the other side of the story, or the content promoting by the content creators.
It is basically a content marketing tool that will promote your content in all of those more than 500 categories that have been mentioned previously, and will give you a chance to have your content shared by a lot of users of Quuu.
In fact, Quuu Promote is the only tool of this kind that uses actual people to share the content on social media platforms getting content owners tons of shares, mentions, traffic visits, engagement, etc.
And the best thing is that those people are a part of your target audience because the content is relevant in the chosen category.
What are the benefits of Quuu Promote?
There are some benefits to using Quuu Promote and those are:
- Using real people to promote your blog: there is no bot-sharing that can be too vague. Actual people that have Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles are viewing and sharing the content that you see on your promotions.
- Promoting to the relevant audience: Quuu Promote not only increases engagement and traffic to your blog, but that traffic is from the right audience. People who are interested in your content. The guided content promotion process will help you to optimize the content for the best results. That is how the content will get shared and liked by people.
- Higher SEO social signals: the reason why companies love this tool is that it genuinely improves the shares and likes from real people. Good social signals from social media platforms can mean better rankings on the search engines.
- Boost your content marketing strategy: it is very easy to boost your content marketing strategy by using Quuu Promote. There are more than 40,000 people who are sharing content every day in over 500 categories.
When it comes to pricing, Quuu Promote operates on a different scale than Quuu. Basically, you pay per promotion in a month.
The pricing starts at $40 per promotion and for that price, it runs for 30 days.
They guarantee to promote it on social media platforms and reach the right audience, eliminating bots. This is Plan 1.
Plan 2 is paying $70 for2 promotions each in a month. Plan 5 is the most popular one where you pay $150 for 5 promotions per month.
Then there are Plan 11 which is $300 per 11 promotions in a month and Plan 20 which requires $500 for 20 promotions per month.
According to the quantity of content promotion, and your budget, you can choose the best plan for your needs.
Guidelines for promoting content on Quuu Promote
You can’t just promote any content on Quuu Promote, of course. Actually, the tool has quite a few guidelines for determining what valuable and high-quality content is and how it can be promoted.
So, if you are considering using this tool, be aware of the following things:
- Your content should not contain abusive language, adult content, or any other offensive words
- It should not be promotional or sales-focused (it should focus on being helpful instead of selling a product/service)
- It should be written in the English language
- It should not be difficult to look at (having too many pop-ups, ads, etc)
- The content should be relevant for at least the 30-day promotion period, and should not be outdated.
- The content should be free of grammatical errors.
- The promotion can’t be done for a home page, index page, or social media post (it has to be an individual piece of content, blog, or content platform)
- The content shouldn’t be too specific for the intended category (eg. only relevant for the audience in one location)
- The content should not have any dead links
- The content should not be too biased or opinionated, stating one side of things
- The content should not be a part of another category to avoid having duplicates (you can assign another category once the first promotion is done)
- You should check if the interest category has over 33% of the content from this source (if there are too many posts from the same source, Quuu will let you know)
Additionally, there are two more rules that are subjective and are for inclusion.
- The content should offer enough interest or value (usually content that helps, entertains, informs, or inspires)
- The content itself should not be offensive, inappropriate, or shocking
How to get started with Quuu Promote?
The process is not too complicated so probably all of you can do it without any complications.
The first thing to do, of course, is to register. It’s a simple process just like any online registration.
Input your information, register, and voila!
Once you do that, try getting familiar with the dashboard and the guidelines. When you think you are ready to create a promotion click on “Promote a post”.
The next step is to paste the URL of the content that you want to promote.
Then pick the category of interest.
After that, you need to create one social media post for Twitter (with shorter descriptions) and another one for Facebook and LinkedIn.
On the image below you can see what Quuu Promote recommends you to take into consideration when creating a Twitter post.
For Facebook and LinkedIn, Quuu Promote has different recommendations.
Save what you just did. The post will be saved as a draft so you can make additional editing or just submit it.
After that, you need to wait for the review which can take anywhere from 3 to 5 days so you need to take this time into account if you have content that is time-sensitive.
Another option that you have is paying an additional fee to put your content at the front to the reviewing queue.
Adding custom images in the content is something you can consider doing. There are preferred dimensions defined by Quuu Promote that you should take into account when creating graphics for Twitter or Facebook/LinkedIn.
To sum up, both Quuu and Quuu Promote can be quite helpful tools that both – businesses and content creators can use.
If you need a content curation tool to take off the time-consuming efforts for you, giving Quuu a chance might be worth it.
It can work out for you and offer your audience valuable and consistent content that is relevant to their needs.
With this, your business has the chance to differentiate from the competition and earn the loyalty of the customers.
When it comes to Quuu Promote, it is nice that they are offering a promotion of one single post.
This way, you can easily just go and try this once or a few times, and see the results for yourself.
If you found this post helpful and want to check out some other reviews I did, I recommend the following:
- Find out if MonsterInsights is the right tool for your business.
- Use Screaming Frog and take your website to new highs
- All you need to know about Buzzstream
If you are interested in reading some other reviews, leave your suggestion for me in the comments below.