Facebook Touch is a lighter version of the Facebook mobile app for touchscreen devices. However, you can still enjoy its fascinating features, even if it is simplified.
Also, Facebook Touch offers better-quality images and graphics and a more user-friendly interface than the Facebook default mobile application. It also consumes less battery and runs faster.
Facebook is the biggest social media platform, with almost 2.5 billion monthly active users. It has been popular for a long time, and people are enjoying its benefits. Additionally, several changes and features come ahead and surprise people that use it.
Accordingly, Facebook Touch has become a trend for social media users. It is a feature introduced by H5 applications that allows you to use Facebook with a smart touch.
However, what if I don’t know about it or don’t want to use any additional apps for Facebook? Is it more convenient and user-friendly for me? What does Facebook Touch have, and what is the difference between it and the default Facebook app?
In this article, we will learn what Facebook Touch is and how to use it. Let’s get started!
Facebook Touch is an application developed by H5 applications designed for touchscreen phones. It has a nice user engagement and can be used as an alternative to the standard Facebook App.
In addition, Facebook Touch operates faster even at a slow internet connection, consumes less data, and has enhanced graphics and presentation.
It also enhances the news feed layout and profile pages for touchscreens, making it convenient for users to navigate through content and discover the info they seek.
Here are some fascinating features of the application:
- Even when the Internet connection is poor, it provides a fluid and smooth experience.
- Works well for both Android and iOS.
- Simple to use on desktop computers
- Convenient access to your Facebook groups and pages
- Shows great-quality of pictures and videos, even with a poor internet connection
Even with many fascinating features, Facebook Touch still has some limitations. Here are some of them:
- Lacks security (SSL encryption)
- Lacks adult content filters
- Incompatible with smartphones that have larger displays
How to download and use Facebook touch?
Install Facebook Touch
You can’t download Facebook Touch from your Play Store or App Store on your phone. If you try to search for the app on either of the two, only the default Facebook app will show.
To install Facebook Touch, you must get its APK file from any search browser you use. However, you should make sure to change your phone’s authorization option, which allows apps from unknown sources to be installed.
Then, choose the right APK file that satisfies all of the terms and conditions and download the file from there. Like any application or download, you could use Wi-FI or mobile data.
After downloading the app, you can install it, run it, and log into your account using your existing Facebook login information.
✋ Stop worrying about SEO and have me do it for you
PS: Ready to work with the 0.01% of all SEOs worldwide? Click here.
Use the Browser
You may also check out Facebook Touch by visiting ‘touch.facebook.com’ on your phone’s available browser.
How does it work?
If you’re wondering how Facebook Touch works, here are a few things you should know:
How to Log In to Facebook Touch?
To access Facebook Touch on your smartphone on any other touchscreen phone, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook Touch.
- Type your email address or phone number that you used on your Facebook account.
- Type your password.
- Select login.
How to Log out to Facebook Touch?
To log out of your account on Facebook Touch, follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile page on Facebook Touch, then click the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ and tap the “Security and Login” option.
- A new window will open containing the login portion. Tap on it, then select the ‘See more’ button.
- Choose the ‘User’s preferred session.’
- Then, you can now log off your Facebook account.
How to add ‘Facebook Touch’ as a Shortcut to my Home screen?
Since you can access Facebook Touch through a browser, you can add a shortcut to your Home Screen so you don’t have to enter its web address every time. Here’s how:
- Open your web browser and go to ‘touch.facebook.com.’
- Then, tap your web browser’s menu.
- Choose the “Add to Home Screen” option, then click “Confirm.”
- Go to your Safari web browser and go to ‘touch.facebook.com.’
- Tap the right-pointed arrow near the web address box.
- A drop-down menu will open. Choose the “Add to Home Screen” option.
- Click “Confirm,” then the Safari will close automatically and show your home screen.
How to Disabled Facebook Touch Notifications?
Disabling notifications is simple when someone responds to a comment or likes content on Facebook Touch. If you want to disable your notifications in Facebook Touch, here’s how:
- Open your phone settings.
- Select the “Apps” section.
- Find the Facebook Touch app and select the “Notifications” section.
- Turn off the notifications.
How to Access my Account Info and Privacy Settings?
You can also access your account information and privacy settings on Facebook Touch. Here’s how:
- Open your Facebook Touch application.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the three lines on the top-right corner of the home page.
- Find the ‘Help and Settings’ section, then choose “Settings.”
- You can check and edit your account information, preferences, permissions, and visibility here.
What Can I access through Facebook Touch?
You can quickly access a variety of features with Facebook Touch. Additionally, you can get much of the information you’ll need by tapping on the three dots in the top right corner.
Some of the features are:
- Profile photo
- Suggested Tab – shows a list of suggested Facebook pages and groups
- Apps Tab – shows the apps that are allowed within Facebook
- Favorites Tab
- Groups Tab
Can I send a message on Facebook Touch?
Direct messaging on Facebook Touch is only available through the Messenger app. This suggests that you must download Messenger to send someone a message. The Messenger app is an additional application you need to download from Play Store or App Store.
It’s a useful tool for managing social media conversations, as you can have personal or group conversations. You can add some attachments, like photos and files, and use emojis and stickers.
Facebook Messenger also allows you to receive some message requests from other people you aren’t friends with, a feature you can use for connecting with customers and clients.
It can answer inquiries about your product/service offerings, process orders, and provide post-sales customer assistance. If you use social commerce and sell on Facebook, you must download and install the Facebook Messenger app.
What Is the Difference Between Facebook Mobile App and Facebook Touch?
Both Facebook Mobile App and Facebook Touch are accessible to any smartphone. With this, what are the differences between the two?
- If you open Facebook on your web browser, the address will show as ‘m.facebook.com.’ On the other hand, if you open Facebook Touch, the address will show as ‘touch.facebook.com’
- Facebook Touch shows better quality images and videos because the official mobile website is built to cater to limited data, low-quality graphics, and a limited amount of displays
- The Facebook Touch performs a great user interface and consumes low data
Is Facebook Touch Worth the Try?
Facebook Touch is an essential choice for anyone who uses Facebook on their phone. It consumes less power and makes use of fewer mobile resources. Not only does it elevate your experience, but it also allows you to use Facebook features without difficulty effortlessly.
Of course, it is worth the try. If you want to remove your Facebook app on your phone and make it more data-friendly, download the touch version to enjoy the same or even more Facebook features.
Facebook Touch is a great way to stay connected with your friends while on the go. Its simple and intuitive design makes it easy to use when you log in. So why not give it a try today?
Liked this post? Read more from the articles I wrote about Facebook, its other features, and related content that I think you might find helpful.
- How The Facebook Ads Library Helps Your Business Grow
- How To Change Your Facebook Page Name
- How To Deactivate Or Delete Facebook And Messenger
Drop a comment to let me know what other topics you want to know!